Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Database creation and configuration fails

Majid
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Guys,

I am doing a new EV 10 implementation. It failed while creating the Monitoring database during the EV configuration. The monitoring database was created in the SQL database but monitoring does not work. I tried recreating the database manually using monitorconfig utility but it fails, however it creates the database in the SQL server. When i check the monitorsettings table in the EV directory database , it does not have any entries in it. Manual command of monitorconfig utility with reuse fails with the error cannot find stored procedure ConfigureEvomdb with exit code 5.

Any ideas on this issue?

Appreciate the support guys.

Regards,

Majid.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Majid
Level 5
Partner Accredited

The issue is solved by disabling a trigger which was enabled on the SQL server for auditing purpose. Disabled the trigger, and tried to create the monitoring database again with monitorconfig utility and it worked like a charm. Hope this info helps out others facing such issues.

Regards,

Majid.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

exit code 5 would be Access Denied i believe.
Check your permissions

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Majid
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Enterprise Vault admin has the proper permissions on the SQL server, I was able to create the directory database, reporting and other databases without any issues. The problem is the monitoring database does not get created in a proper way. When i create it manually it gives me create failed with exit code 3, but the database gets created on the SQL server. I check the permissions for the monitoring database and the EV admin is dbo. So does monitoring database require some other privileges??

Regards,

Majid.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

ok so it *was* exit code 5, now its exit code 3?

The system cannot find the path specified.

So that may indicate an invalid path for the transaction logs?
Probably a dtrace of the config utility would help

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Majid
Level 5
Partner Accredited

The path is valid as i have used the same path for the other databases as well. Dtrace does not help much, but i will post the dtrace from office tomorrow. 

Thanks @ JesusWept2

Regards,

Majid.

Majid
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Guys, attached is the dtrace log for monitoring config utility while creating the database.

Thanks,

Majid.

R_Meeker
Level 4

Majid, Don't suppose this could be caused by the DB already being present, running it again causes an error code 3 because there is already an mdf/ldf file present. but because it is not intelligent enough it just returns an unable to locate path

Majid
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Could be something like that R Meeker, as i delete the monitoring database before recreating it back again and the mdf and ldf files are deleted as well. Attaching the logs generated while creating the database using monitoring config utility.

Thanks.

majid

Majid
Level 5
Partner Accredited

The issue is solved by disabling a trigger which was enabled on the SQL server for auditing purpose. Disabled the trigger, and tried to create the monitoring database again with monitorconfig utility and it worked like a charm. Hope this info helps out others facing such issues.

Regards,

Majid.