cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Archive Wizard - Evault 8.05

JacobyXY
Level 3
Partner

Hi we are having some issues with the Move Archive wizard in Evault 8.05. We are trying to move archives to a different server with the same site.

The task completes succesfully BUT we have the following issue. The task creates a new account on the destination server as per the wizard settings but does not create the user permissions and therefore the user cannot access the moved archive. However if we manually create the account and then use the wizard and point to this account there are no issues?

Could someone assist or direct us to a solution as we have a 1000 users to migrate to the server.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

I assume that when you say when the task creates the new account, you are saying it is creating a new archive on the destination 'on the fly'.  Seeing that the existing user was already archiving, are you also moving that user's mailbox to be handled by the new server, or is this destination server handling the archival of the existing mailbox now?  If so, normally, you would want to enable the user for archival on the destination first, so there will be a pre-existing archive.  Then you can move the 'legacy' archive to the existing destination and you should be good to go.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi JacobyXY,

You got any info from logs? have you done a move with dtrace running? if not try running a trace on EVMoveArchiveTask 

JacobyXY
Level 3
Partner

I will just get the logs and copy here. Also I have noticed that it has created a duplicate of the new account on the destination server. One account has permissons, one does not. The user still cannot access the archive.

Chris_Warren
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

I assume that when you say when the task creates the new account, you are saying it is creating a new archive on the destination 'on the fly'.  Seeing that the existing user was already archiving, are you also moving that user's mailbox to be handled by the new server, or is this destination server handling the archival of the existing mailbox now?  If so, normally, you would want to enable the user for archival on the destination first, so there will be a pre-existing archive.  Then you can move the 'legacy' archive to the existing destination and you should be good to go.