cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving users within the same EV site, different vault stores

ANDREY_FYODOROV
Level 6

We have many locations within the same EV site.

Each location has its own Exchange server and EV server (with its own vault store).

User gets EV enabled in one location, gets some mail archived there, then moves to the other location.

I really don't want to move the user's data from the old location to the new location. It's fine if it stays in the old location.

However I would like for the user's new data to start being archived to the vault store in the new location.

Is this possible?

(I actually was under impression that this would happen automatically until the other day when we closed all vault store partitions in the old location's vault store and the users who moved from old location to the new location stopped being archived because there is no open vault store partition available for them)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You could either set it to two or remove it.  Once you disable and re-enable with a new archive then all the new messages will be on the new vault store.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited
If all are in the same site, why don't you use the move archive option in EV8.0 SP4 ?
See: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/enterprise-vault-8-sp-4-move-archive 

TonySterling

As stated above, you can use Move Archive or third party tools to move the archive.

If you don't want to move the archive after you move the user you will have to disable the user and re-enable them and select a new archive for them in the new Vault Store.  The downside of that is that the user will now have 2 archives.  Shortcuts will still work but when they search they will need to search two places, etc...

What version are you running?

ANDREY_FYODOROV
Level 6
LOL, forgot to mention, I am still stuck on EV 7.0 SP1

Don't ask. Long story.  :)

TonySterling

np.  :)

Ok, so what you can do is disable the user, Zap them and re-enable.  It should see the mailbox as a new mailbox and prompt you to create a new archive on the new vault store.

ANDREY_FYODOROV
Level 6

Plus would be nice to Not have to move the whole archive.  Ideally it would be great to only archive the newer messages since the user moved into the new EV server's vault store.

ANDREY_FYODOROV
Level 6

Yeah, I was thinking along the same lines.   I guess if I also change the SynchInMigrationMode value to 2 (Currently my SynchInMigrationMode is set to 1)

Or do I not even need to bother with that? 

It is a little ugly - having two archives for one user, but it will do in this particular case.

Thanks!

TonySterling

You could either set it to two or remove it.  Once you disable and re-enable with a new archive then all the new messages will be on the new vault store.