cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTFS to Center errors in log

sandrine_goetha
Level 6
Hello,
I'm migrating my archives ( few TB)  from NTFS to Center with the ntfstocentera utility delivered by Symantec.
I saw the following entries in my logs
Error while storing Saveset -- Error: <0x8004021b>, SavesetId: 854000000000000~200511202142580000~1~4A2F96CE7DFF4F1E91B3C8E5F235C84
and the event ID 6786 in the event log of the concerned server.
I wondered how I could find out to which archive this belonged to  AND what could the problem be.
Thanks for any help
Sandrine
PS I'm using EV 8 SP1 on Exchange 2003 and 2007
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TRALSH
Level 4
Employee
Run this query to retrieve an Archive Name from just a properly formatted transaction ID

Note: The Vault Store database here is named "EVVSStore1_1". In usage in a customer or test environment, please substitute the proper Vault Store database name.

SELECT EVVSStore1_1.dbo.view_Saveset_Archive_Vault.IdTransaction, EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView.ArchiveName, EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView.VaultentryId
FROM EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView
INNER Join EVVSStore1_1.dbo.view_Saveset_Archive_Vault
ON EVVSStore1_1.dbo.view_Saveset_Archive_Vault.ArchivePointId = EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView.VaultentryId
WHERE EVVSStore1_1.dbo.view_Saveset_Archive_Vault.IdTransaction = '4A2F96CE-7DFF-4F1E-91B3-C8E5F235C840'

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

If you open that message its erroring out on, does anything look strange about it?
The best description i could find on the error is this

0x8004021B

This is a multipart body part. It has no content other than the body parts contained within it.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

TRALSH
Level 4
Employee
Run this query to retrieve an Archive Name from just a properly formatted transaction ID

Note: The Vault Store database here is named "EVVSStore1_1". In usage in a customer or test environment, please substitute the proper Vault Store database name.

SELECT EVVSStore1_1.dbo.view_Saveset_Archive_Vault.IdTransaction, EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView.ArchiveName, EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView.VaultentryId
FROM EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView
INNER Join EVVSStore1_1.dbo.view_Saveset_Archive_Vault
ON EVVSStore1_1.dbo.view_Saveset_Archive_Vault.ArchivePointId = EnterpriseVaultDirectory.dbo.ArchiveView.VaultentryId
WHERE EVVSStore1_1.dbo.view_Saveset_Archive_Vault.IdTransaction = '4A2F96CE-7DFF-4F1E-91B3-C8E5F235C840'

sandrine_goetha
Level 6
Thank you so much Lerxst
This is exactly the answer I was searching for.
Now I can start to discuss with the user to see if he still needs this Item the way it is and what we can do to solve this problem.
Thanks a lot Sandrine