cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nooby Backup Question - FSA Archiving

Prazak
Level 2
Hi All, and thanks in advance.
Going over DR, and I have a backup question.
EV 2007, all 2003 servers SP2
I know I need to shut down EV services before backups of EV server, EV store location, EV store database.  From my reading of the Admin Guide, these seem to be the most important for recovery.  I will be backing up the index, and all other SQL databases at this time also. 

My question is:  Do I need to keep the EVault services shut down through the entire file server backup?  Full file server backup starts Saturday evening and is running up to 10:00am Sunday.

Message Edited by Prazak on 04-09-2008 03:09 PM
2 REPLIES 2

Sortid
Level 6
No they don't need to be shutdown, but they do need to be in read only mode.  When you begin the backup, put the system in to readonly mode.  This will prevent inconsistancies in your file system and databases from occuring.  People can still access archived files, they just can't archive any. 

Eloya
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
If you use FSA archiving and you are using Placeholders you should ensure that your backup software will not make a mass-recall of your elements. There is quite a good technote concerning this issue: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287761.htm .

Kind regards,

Nico