cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OWA2003 and OWA2007 through ISA with EV

DrDave
Level 4

Hi,

Having overcome the issue of OWA2007 extensions using the ExternalURL rather than the internal, I now find another issue!

As we have a mix of Ex2003 and Ex2007 while we migrate our users over the next months we will be switching off our old Ex2003 Frontend OWA box and using a new ISA2006 SP1 box which has OW2007 (CAS) published.

Now, if an Ex2007 user logs in, everything is fine, archive buttons work as they should.

If an Ex2003 user logs in, they don't get the new OWA2007 experiance, they get proxied by the CAS to the Backend Ex2003 box, which is giving them the EV buttons but with the internal name space (http://evserver.domain.com) instead of the external one (https://mail.domain.com)

Anyone have any ideas what I could do to get this fixed? I've looked for an equivilent of web.config which is on the Ex2007 CAS box, but turned up nothing useful. Now I know that you need to run some vbs when configuring Ex2003 EV Extensions, but this was done by our consultant so im not 100% sure on what is setup.

Cheers

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BigPhil
Level 5

@DrDave:

I have never setup EV with Exchange 2003, but I think what you need to do is configure the EVBackEnd.ini.  Check out the following pdf (page 6) for an example of the entry you need. seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/308450.htm

also...check out the OWA configuration and ISA configuration in the "Setting_up_Exchange_Server_Archiving.pdf" guide in the EV 8 documentation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

BigPhil
Level 5

@DrDave:

I have never setup EV with Exchange 2003, but I think what you need to do is configure the EVBackEnd.ini.  Check out the following pdf (page 6) for an example of the entry you need. seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/308450.htm

also...check out the OWA configuration and ISA configuration in the "Setting_up_Exchange_Server_Archiving.pdf" guide in the EV 8 documentation.

DrDave
Level 4

Aha, Phil are you stalking me? :)

That worked a treat, after I remembered that the extensions on the old 2003 box were 2007 SP2 rather than SP5 !

Cheers