cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only the short preview of e-mails using Offline Vault

seven0337
Level 2
Hello!

I'm using Offline Vault option (in EV 7.5) and I waited a long time for EV to download all the archived e-mails. After this (restarted Outlook, Windows etc) I still cannot see the full content of e-mails in my Outlook. I only see the first ca 250 or 500 characters. How can I fix it to see all of the content?

It ends up my Outlook cannot index those e-mails (well it indexes just the first part of e-mails). So I'm now in a situation where I have to search in two places. First in Outlook for ordinary e-mails and second in EV for archived e-mails. This is very annoying.

Please help!
4 REPLIES 4

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi Offline Vault does not work this way. It does not modify your exchange placeholders. But you should be able to open up the mails when you are offline. If you want to have the full content, you have to change the shortcut content in the policy to "full body" Remember that this is not retrospective, and only for newly archived e-mails. Cheers Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

seven0337
Level 2
Hi!

Thank you for the answer!

If using this "full body" policy, how does it affect the e-mail size on the Exchange server? Will it be bigger or will it hold the original size in the Exchange (in this case I dont achieve the goal of getting the size of my mailbox smaller)?

If using Outlook "Offline mode" I cannot see the rest of the e-mails at the moment. Maybe it works without real internet access (unpluging the wire or switching off wifi).

Cheers!

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
It affects the size by stripping out the attachments, which usually take up most space in exchange.

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
 You could setup EV so that WDS will index your Offline Vault.  Check the Install and Configuring guide for details.  Then you won't need to change the shortcut body size.