cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PST Locator task cannot find MS Cluster disks on file cluster

achaddy
Level 3

Hi,

I have a PST locator task running which does not seem to be able to see the clustered disks on a windows 2003 file cluster.

When the task scans the machine it only scans the C:\ drive and none of the clustered disks. The locator task logs shows the C:\ drive being scanned and then task stops  with a normal completion message.

THe search is being targeted at the active node but not against the File cluster name. The cluster resource network name AD account is missing from AD so it does not show in the Vault Console Personal Store Management/computer. I am targeting the machine using the local node name.

So I realise this is not an ideal situation and infact maybe the reason why disks are not seen.

So clarification and explanation would be very helpful and provide some amunition to get the relavent team to fix the issue.

Cheers

Andy

2 REPLIES 2

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi achaddy,

I think you got the answer in your description: "The search is being targeted at the active node but not against the File cluster name". Can you try to UNC to the active node from the Enterprise Vault server and try to access the cluster drives to see if you have access as a regular user? If you have access, you might need to collect a dtrace while you are running the PST locator task to see if the task is seeing the cluster drives.

achaddy
Level 3

Thanks GabeV

Yes I can access the drives via UNC path from the evserver using the account that the locator task is running under.

I should also add that the file server is in a different AD Forest from the EVserver but there are trusts in place and the task account is a domain admin account from the other forest.

I will look at doing a Dtrace to see if that sheds any light.