cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pending items cancelling on their own

andrew_wolf
Level 3
Hi All

I have a few users who aren't being archived correctly. If I manually archive an item, the icon changes to pending and a short time later (about 5 seconds for one user, about 5 minutes for the other) the item reverts back to the full item. The item does not appear in the Archive Explorer. Automatic archiving also doesn't seem to be working for these users either

I've only noticed this with 2 or 3 users and as a general rule we know archiving is working (we have just over 3TB of archiving space used up on our EV servers)

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting?

Thanks

Andrew
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi ya,

I would recommend you set client tracing to full and then try to manual archive an item again.  The client trace may show some relevant information.

Also, have you tried a manual run now against these users via the archive task?  Do these users synch ok?

and what version of EV are you using?

Regards,
Tony

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hi ya,

I would recommend you set client tracing to full and then try to manual archive an item again.  The client trace may show some relevant information.

Also, have you tried a manual run now against these users via the archive task?  Do these users synch ok?

and what version of EV are you using?

Regards,
Tony

andrew_wolf
Level 3
Environment is:
Exchange 2007 (on Windows 2008 64 bit)
EV8 SP2 (on Windows 2008 64 bit)

Synchronisation completes successfully

Manual archiving fails through Outlook with EV Client and also through OWA with EV Extensions

I've just turned on the logging and will have a look at that once the current operation finishes

andrew_wolf
Level 3
This issue didn't have anything to do with our current EV or Exchange environment

Outlook was trying to archive to our old EV environment (we migrated about 6 months ago and haven't completely decommissioned it) and obviously didn't have permission