cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Enterprise Vault Backup- failures

lisler
Level 3

Hello at All

i need some help. I receive contanious backup failures since the upgrade on symantec backup 2012.

Do you have any hints where the problems might be. The settings have not changed since to update from 2010 to 2012.

However you might let me also know  where:

-Can I find the Agent fot the Enterrpise Vault? - Where can I download it and install it later on?

- Which settings need to be set in order the backup is running properly? Do you have a manual for the settings and thicks that have to be done?

(Preferably in german)

Thanks for help

Best regards

Dina

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

EV checks if a FULL has been done.

Change the monitoring schedule to warn you on the database backup after 8 days.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

The agent is included in the Backup Exec installation.

It is called Agent for Application and Databases

How to:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO74440

jim_leggett
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Dina,

Here is some more information that you may find useful.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH147148

lisler
Level 3

Hey Zeroc000L

thanks for your fast answer. Can you help me a bit more? I would really would appreciate concret ideas where to find what and how to do it exactly. Since I am reading the manuals and don't find a "green branch" or a solution.

Thanks and looking forward reading from you

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

lisler, check the Backup Exec admin guide. Chapter I describes exaclty how to install the EV Agent for Backup Exec.

lisler
Level 3

yep... still failure. but lets's try again. I may come back again. Thanks so far. Cheers

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Please describe exactly at what step you are stuck and what error you get.

lisler
Level 3

Well the problem is the following: (unfortunately there is not a clear an error message)

Our environement:

-We do a daily backup of the Enterprise vault

The backup is fine and all data are backedup. However in the Enterprise Vault database, the tick or the flag does not cahnge to done or okay. The tick/flag on the Enterprise Vault database stays like that the backup was not successful. We don't find the problem why this flag does not change.

Would be great if you habe any furhter clue.

(Considering the manual, it would be best practice to do the backup NOT daily. Better all 5 days. Is this correct? But is it possible that this causes this error..?)

Best regards

Dina

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Did you select the EV databases at the EV selection-list ?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

That is a technote for EV and Netbackup......

lisler
Level 3

Yes this is done

lisler
Level 3

yes but we did that. also with an external professional. Do you have any other suggestions? Would be great

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Where do you see the messages that there should be no backup of the EV databases ?
(please post exact message and/or screenshots)

lisler
Level 3

We see it on our MARC Server. I'll put two pictures online. One is when we have the message that it is correct. (We get the OK message, after a FULL Backup which we do every weekend.) When we do the INCREMENTAL Backup during the week-days we get the second pictures with the error message. Thanks again. Regards

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

EV checks if a FULL has been done.

Change the monitoring schedule to warn you on the database backup after 8 days.

lisler
Level 3

appreciate your fast feedback very, very much! great! thanks! I do not understand. What do you mean exactly by change the monitoring schedule to warn you on the database backup after 8 days.

Could you please describe more detailed?

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

lisler
Level 3

Sorry my fault. I understand what you mean. Sorry written very clearly from you.... This means EV is not able to do daily or incremental Backups generally?

Best regards

Dina