cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Producing PST files from DA

Donnal_Spence
Level 4
When i try to produce a pst from Discovery Accelerator i get the following events. THe fiels are produced but there ar 28K in size and i cannot open them. ANy ideas?

Event Type:Error
Event Source:EV Discovery Accelerator
Event Category:Server
Event ID:42048
Date:1/26/2006
Time:10:28:18 PM
User:N/A
Computer:KVSARCH01-CORP
Description:
Error:
An error occurred when requesting the PST COM object

Description:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040119): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040119.
at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Interop.PSTProviderClass.OpenPST(String PSTFileName, String PSTPassword, enumOpenMode ePSTOpenMode, UInt32 MaxSizeMb)
at KVS.Accelerator.Production.ProductionRunQueue.get_ThePSTProvider()

Event Type:Error
Event Source:EV Discovery Accelerator
Event Category:Server
Event ID:42048
Date:1/26/2006
Time:10:28:17 PM
User:N/A
Computer:KVSARCH01-CORP
Description:
Error:
An error occurred when requesting the PST COM object

Description:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.
at KVS.EnterpriseVault.Interop.PSTProviderClass.OpenPST(String PSTFileName, String PSTPassword, enumOpenMode ePSTOpenMode, UInt32 MaxSizeMb)
at KVS.Accelerator.Production.ProductionRunQueue.get_ThePSTProvider()
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
In sp4 there was some changes to how the export\producing works. It should now create a folder and fil it with msg files. Then a sweeper process adds the files in to the pst. Are you getting that far? Might be worth while to create a console trace of the process and at the same time dtrace the discoveryaccelerator service at the same time. Out of curiosity, you say producing, or you actually using the produce or export function and does it make a difference?

cheers,

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

TonySterling
normally when I have seen pst com errors it was b/c of a mismatch of the versions of EV for the DA server and EV server, but your has Access is denied in it. Did you put a password on the PST?

Donnal_Spence
Level 4
No i have no set any passwords. I am running EV 6 and DA is 5.0 SP4.

TonySterling
Might be worth checking mapisvc.inf. Is the DA server seperate from the EV server? If so, check both places.

Donnal_Spence
Level 4
What will i be looking for with the mapisvc file?? DA is installed on the EV server.

TonySterling
sorry, figured you already had to trouble shoot it! Do a search for mapisvc.inf and make sure the correct version is in system32.

Rename the existing MAPISVC.INF in system32.

Copy the version of MAPISVC.INF supplied by Outlook 2003 to the system32 folder (normally c:\Windows\system32).

The correct file, supplied by Outlook 2003, is normally:

c:\program files\common files\system\mapi\1033\nt\MAPISVC.INF

Restart the computer.

Try the failing operation again.

Donnal_Spence
Level 4
Same results.

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Donnal,

when you installed Outlook (I assume 2003) did you remember to include the COM element? Check in Add Remove programs to see if Collaboration Data Objects (a sub-section of Outlook within Office) is present and if not try adding it in.

David
www.UDStech.com

TonySterling
In sp4 there was some changes to how the export\producing works. It should now create a folder and fil it with msg files. Then a sweeper process adds the files in to the pst. Are you getting that far? Might be worth while to create a console trace of the process and at the same time dtrace the discoveryaccelerator service at the same time. Out of curiosity, you say producing, or you actually using the produce or export function and does it make a difference?

cheers,

Boyd_Gosserand
Level 3
If you have a GPO set to disable the creation of ANSI PST's and are only allowing users to create UniCode PST's this will fail
DA and CA both create ANSI PST's

Donnal_Spence
Level 4
I do have it set for my users to disable PST and Auto-Archive in Outlook however the registry setting has not been applied on the EV/DA server. It is not a GPO setting. It is simply a registry change pushed through login scripts.

Boyd_Gosserand
Level 3
Doesn't really matter how it got there, but I know that's why mine was failing with access denied. I was denying ANSI PST's

Make sure you don't have the following keys on either server:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook","DisablePST","1"
HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook","ChkFldrSize","1"
HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook","NewPSTFormat","1"
HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\EMSP","IgnoreArchiveFormat"
HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook","IgnoreOSTFormat","1"
HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook","PreferANSI","1"

Make sure these keys DON'T Exist

Boyd_Gosserand
Level 3
Let's try that again

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook","DisablePST","1"
HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook","ChkFldrSize","1"
HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook","NewPSTFormat","1"
HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\EMSP","IgnoreArchiveFormat"
HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\EMSP","IgnoreOSTFormat","1"
HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\EMSP","PreferANSI","1"

Donnal_Spence
Level 4
Thanks for the info but those entries do not exist.

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Is your DA server separate from your EV server? I'm just curious if you can export from the VAC as well as the search.asp page.

Also, maybe it's something silly like not having a default outlook profile set.