cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purging A2 queue. Will the original message class revert back?

Tifosa
Level 4

Hi,

We had a situtation today where i was forced to pruge the A2 queue (not for the first time). My question is, when we purge the queue does the message class of the emails waiting revert back to the standard from the pending EV class of IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.PendingArchive?

We run EV only in the UK (4 CCR clusters) and all users get provisioned in over 4 vault stores... no problem all works well.

The problem occurs when a user moves to another country for a couple of months, takes their laptop with them and tries to archive. As we do not provision other non UK servers these emails sit in the A2 queue and block all other emails. Even when we go into the users mailbox and cancel the archive, they remain. Our only option is to purge the queue however this causes everyone elses mail to stay on EV clock icon.... and doesn't revert back.

I've tried running synchs, archive and shortcut tasks but nothing... Although archiving now works we get calls about week later from users saying their emails are archiving as we've purged the queue.

Is their anyway i can get the users vault to be disabled automatically once the mailbox get moved outside the UK? Or is their a command we can run that will disable the vault through a command line. That way we can give it to our other teams and whenever they move a mailbox outside the UK they can run it and it'll disable the users vault to prevent this from happening?

Can anyone assist in this?

Cheers...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

No, it will not revert just by deleting the queue.

However, there is a setting called "Pending shortcut timeout" in the Advanced Tab -> Archiving General of your Mailbox Policy. Set this to whatever suits your need.

As for automatic disabling, I guess you can use Provisioning Groups for this.
Just have a higher ranking provisioning group with those users in, and deselect "Archive mailboxes in this provisioning group"

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

No, it will not revert just by deleting the queue.

However, there is a setting called "Pending shortcut timeout" in the Advanced Tab -> Archiving General of your Mailbox Policy. Set this to whatever suits your need.

As for automatic disabling, I guess you can use Provisioning Groups for this.
Just have a higher ranking provisioning group with those users in, and deselect "Archive mailboxes in this provisioning group"

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Tifosa
Level 4

Thanks Michel.

Our timeout wasn't set. I've now changed it to 1 day which is fine for us. I'll give the provisioning group a go and assign to a group which we'll add the users to when they move.