cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcut and archive deletion takes alot of time

hystad
Level 4

Hey. 

Ive set up the policy that if a user deletes a shortcut it deletes the archived item aswell, we have it like this so outlook should be just as normal, and the users can delete mail from their archive.

But anyway, When a user deletes a shortcut you get this message saying "

You have chosen to delete one or more enterprise vault shortcuts and assoiciated archived items" 

Then i click yes, and here is the problem. outlook locks itself down in 10-15 seconds to delete first time. if you do the same thing right afterwards it takes only one second. But using 10-15 seconds everytime a user have been away for some hours is agonizing.

Network connection is 37Gbit to the client ive tried on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hystad
Level 4

Found the problem, it was iis that recycled the application pool, and shut the service down every 20min then iis had to recache. Turned it off now it works perfectly. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

hi hystad,

1) Is this an isolated case - Can you reproduce this on multiple pc's or just one?
2) Could you perhaps attach a client trace?
3) Have you tried a client reset? (
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH54897)

hystad
Level 4

Its the same on my local machine and on citrix terminal server with 37gbit link

ill come back to you with a trace.

hystad
Level 4

One thing i can see is that the time is wrong. but its right on the local machine and on EV server

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Can you configure the client trace to run with maximum diagnostics ?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH38096

And post the log as attachment to keep the forum readable.

hystad
Level 4

hystad
Level 4

hystad
Level 4

Ive noticed thats the logg file when it have been connected once, and the speed is reasonable. But its always the first time every two hour, and ive compared those two loggfiles, and its a big diffrence. do you want the other one aswell?

hystad
Level 4

Bump

hystad
Level 4

It only takes a long time every two hours, but still i need to fix it. Does anyone know anything about this one?

hystad
Level 4

Found the problem, it was iis that recycled the application pool, and shut the service down every 20min then iis had to recache. Turned it off now it works perfectly.