cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shortcuts are the smae size as the message archived

morrisok
Level 4
Running into an issue with one mailbox user. For example, when a message that is 8mb is archived, the shortcut it leaves behind is also 8mb. I am getting a few event id 3288's regarding the problem mailbox, none of the articles I have found online relating to that event id have not been any help so far.

Has anyone seen this behaviour?

K

Environment - EV8 sp2 | Exchange 2007 sp2 | Outlook 2007 sp2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
Have you tried getting the effected user logged on to a different machine? Does the issue follow him? If it doesnt follow the user log a different user on to his machince and see if it re-occurs.

Lastly toast his profile and re-test?

Immediately after archive should not pend at all so its a weird one and might have something funky in his profile causing it.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

morrisok
Level 4
Thanks for the response,

The forms are the latest version, and deployed locally via policy.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Is your archive policy set to create shortcuts?  What is the message class of the item? 

morrisok
Level 4
The policy creates shortcuts, it is the default policy for the organization, only one user is affected. Message class is ipm.note*

I ran a dtrace on the users mailbox and ran the archive task in report mode, not really seeing anything glaring in the logs, but I am new to EV, so im sure I do not know what I am looking for.

Thanks,

K

TonySterling

If the message class is just ipm.note then it has not been archived.  IPM.Note.EnterpriseVault.Shortcut is the message class for an archived item.

What is the icon for the message?

What happens if you try to manually archive? 

morrisok
Level 4
The icon the message gets is the archived icon. This is happening with the manual and scheduled process :\

TonySterling

Can you double check the message class then?  Are you sure it is not the pending icon?

morrisok
Level 4
It is definately the archived icon, double checking the message class now.

morrisok
Level 4
Sorry for the delay in response.

Updates, ran the resetevclient utility and tried manually archiving larger items again, now the messages get stuck in a pending state.

Been through as many articles I could find on the item in pending issue but so far havent found anything helpful.

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
Anything in the Event logs?
Anything stuck in MSMQ?
Do the items in the partitions have A attributes? Are you using a trigger file? Do backups complete successfully?

Are your partitions writing to NTFS, Centera, NetApp etc? What is the remove saftey copy setting set to?

morrisok
Level 4

Nothing in the event logs of note
MSMQ queues are ok
Backups are completing successfully, we use a powershell script with the backups, archive attribute clear
Archive attribute has been removed, saftey copies are set to delete immediately after archive
ntfs partition is being used for storage.

Its only one user. The odd thing is, when this started, his email had the archive icon, but was not making it into the vault. I used the resetevclient util, and now all the items with the archived icon are now pending. cancelling the operation and retrying just leaves the items in pending.

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
Have you tried getting the effected user logged on to a different machine? Does the issue follow him? If it doesnt follow the user log a different user on to his machince and see if it re-occurs.

Lastly toast his profile and re-test?

Immediately after archive should not pend at all so its a weird one and might have something funky in his profile causing it.

morrisok
Level 4
I am going to try a new mail profile on the client pc this afternoon.

morrisok
Level 4
New Outlook profile and reinstalling the EV client did the trick.

Thanks to all for the suggestions!

KM