cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Expiry Question

NewbieNik
Level 3
Hi, new to this and EV so please bare with me!
We have been trying to get EV in to the site for a year or two and now we try again. The one hold-up was the last time it was presented expiry dates for vaulted material attached to the material rather than its container. Let me try to clarify.
I have an email and my email was set to vault after 30 days to a storage area in EV that was set to keep the email for 3 years.
If I then moved that email to a long-retention area of 6 years, the email would still have the 3 year retention flag and be removed after that period.
Is this still true? Or have I been mis-informed by the powers that be?
Please advise as it seems to be the only hurdle left to EV being implemented.

thanks in advance.....
8 REPLIES 8

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

This is still true.
There are 3rd Party Applications which could take care of this.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

NewbieNik
Level 3
You are a gentleman sir, thanks. I don't suppose you could let me into the name of the software tool? I realise this could be construed as advertising, but as it adds functionality to an excellent product, I'm sure no-one would mind too much...I will be contact the sales team tomorrow.

MichelZ
Level 6
Hi there

Yes, of course:
http://www.vault-solutions.com/

The Tool is called archive accelerator.

Cheers
Michel

MarkOlsen
Level 4
Afternoon Everyone:

We actually have Archive Accelerator running in Production now; it is working quite well and I think a utility that is must have for all customers.

Regards ... Mark

NewbieNik
Level 3
fabulous, thanks guys. My IT director has agreed to going ahead with the EV project and if we find that we cannot manage without moving items into new retention areas, he has agreed to consider Accelerator.
As we have around 3000 mailboxes the quote was quite large, but within reason...so we shall see.
If there are any functions that accelerator provides besides the retention thing, could you let me know your experience with them?
I'm sure I'll be back once we start putting the planning in place for more technical insights to EV and its capabilities.

MarkOlsen
Level 4
Nik:

Archive Accellerator was constructed with a framework that it will scan all selected mailbox and then execute the core functionality of fixing any shortcuts that have a different retention period than what is in EV.  I know that the developers built the tool and its MMC console with the goal of adding other functionality as well and as needed by their clients, but currently, it is a single purpose app.

Hope this helps ... Mark

MichelZ
Level 6
Maybe you will find a tool or two to be of use to you from our website: http://www.evtools.net    ;)

NewbieNik
Level 3
sweet, thanks guys. Mark, thanks for the knowledge. Michel, thanks for the pointer. Unfortunately I work for a Public funded organisation so any solution has to be tried-tested-certified and bullet-proof (Why we are with Microsoft is anyones guess....sorry Bill)
evtools do seem to have some good solutions, but I need something with a good customer base as we are thinking of implementing a multi-tiered vaulting solution. So ALL mail gets vaulted after 30 days for retention of 12 months, anything that was sent to certain people would then get moved to a longer term vault or anything legal moved to a 7 year vault, etc,etc (We still need to battle out the structure, but that will be decided once the project has been tested on some non-critical mailboxes, then documented, then approved and so on)
Again thanks to you both for your help and advice