cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution: Issues with FSA reporting web service

RSRust
Level 4
EV 8.0.1.  I was doing a new setup for FSA and configured Reporting.  Once it was setup I go the error: "... cannot access the fsa reporting web service blah blah blah" when trying to access it from the admin console.  The certificate was setup with the FQDN, but the admin console was trying to resolve the NetBios name.  I suspected this was a certificate error, but it even occured after I turned off certificate checking in IE.  There is a doc for something similar (ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Enterprise_Vault_File_System_Archiving/326485.pdf), but I was having trouble accessing the support site and didn't find anything here for it - thus the post for any future issue seekers.  I simply updated the field documented here with the FQDN, and it started working.

1 Use Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager to open the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.
2 Open the FSAReportingWSLocations table.
3 If the WSLocation column has the same value in every row you must correctthe locations.
4 Open the ComputerEntry table.

2 REPLIES 2

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Post it as a blog, good stuff!!
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Dale_Heath-123
Not applicable
Partner
i was experiencing the same issue, however changing the FQDN in the Database did not resolve it. Is there a way to completely remove FSAReporting?