cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add new domino mail server... why?

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I'm new to domino archiving and am trying to add a new domino mail server to an existing EV 11 environment but it won't add it:Domino_EV_new.jpg

Is there something I need to do first before I'm able to add a new domino mail server??

Sani B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for all your help- much appreciated! =)

Some sort of connectivity issue alright... Rebooting both EV-server and the EVGW-server solved the mystery and allowed to add those domino servers normally.

They had tried before simply service restarts but that didn't help - only when they rebooted the servers it could be done again...

Sani B.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Not the exact same error but you could try the step listed to troubleshoot:

ValidateID error when trying to add a specific Domino server as a target

Article:TECH57486  |  Created: 2008-01-08  |  Updated: 2009-01-13  |  Article URL http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH57486

When going through the process of adding a Domino server as a target, the referenced error is generated.  This indicates that there is a connectivity issue between the Enterprise Vault (EV) Domino Gateway and the Mail server that is being targeted.

A Dtrace of the AdminService shows the following: (See Related Documents article 276120)

(AdminService) <808> EV:L ValidateID: User name lookup failed for user CN=ArchiveUser/O=domain in Domino Directory on server Domino_Server/Domain, error(2051): Unable to find path to server. To trace this connection, use File - Preferences - User  Preferences - Ports - Trace (Notes client) or Trace command (Domino server)

Resolution:
1. Launch the Domino Administrator or the Lotus Notes client that is on the EV Domino Gateway.

2. Select File | Preferences | User Preferences | Ports | Trace button.

3. In the destination field, enter the name of the desired target mail server. (i.e. Domino_Server/Domain)

4. Select the Trace button.

5. If the Trace info. dialog box does not display: "Connected to server Domino_Server/Domain" then refer to IBM Reference # 1090975 to resolve this issue.

IBM Reference # 1090975:
 http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21090975

Related Articles

Aziz_K
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Sarah, 

Is this a new Domino server in your environment? Did the new target server listed in your Domino Directory in the EVDG server? Can you open this new server from the Lotus Notes client on your EV server?

Regards,

Aziz

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for all your help- much appreciated! =)

Some sort of connectivity issue alright... Rebooting both EV-server and the EVGW-server solved the mystery and allowed to add those domino servers normally.

They had tried before simply service restarts but that didn't help - only when they rebooted the servers it could be done again...

Sani B.