cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading EV2007 SP3 to EV8

PaulHod_TA
Level 3

Hi Guys,

I am getting ready to upgrade my EV2007 sp3 installation to EV8.

I have run the Deployment Scanner and it is coming up with a few issues.

We run EV2007 sp3 with a 2 server Exchange 2007 Organisation.

the 2 parts deployment scanner is failing at are below.

Exchange Server Permissions

The user Domain\evadmin does not have full permissions (including 'send as' & 'receive as') on the following Mailbox Stores and Public Folder stores on "exchange server": Public Folder Database;

Im stuggling to get this green. evadmin has full rights to the public folder stores.

the second area its failing is

SQL Server Version

I get the following error.

The installed SQL Server version does not meet the minimum requirements for Compliance Accelerator (Version 2008 and above) and Discovery Accelerator (Version 2008 and above). If you later install either of these products you will need to upgrade to SQL Server 2005 SP2.

The SQL server is 2005 and is patched to SP2?

does anyone have any pointers or solutions?

many thanks

Paul H

5 REPLIES 5

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Paul,

If you are sure that you run SQL2005SP2 on all of your nodes (if clustered), then it is safe to ignore this message. On the rights, make sure the evadmin account is NOT in the domain admins group. This has by default send as/recieve as denied. If necessary, take away the evadmin account from the punlic folder db, and re-add it. The steps how to are listed in the installing/configuring manual (I believe).

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan

PaulHod_TA
Level 3

Thanks for the reply GertjanA,

The SQL Server is definately sp2 and its single instance (not clustered).

On the rights side. I know about the explicit deny on the domain admin group. the evadmin account is not a member also if this was the case then evault would have the same issue for the mailbox store too.

I have tried removing and adding the account to the public folder stores to no avail.

regards,

Paul H

Judy_Glazier
Level 6
Partner

I have seen this problem before.  Try the following.

To assign the Exchange View-Only Administrator role to the Vault Service account:

1. Open the Exchange Management Console.
2. If necessary, expand the tree so that Organization Configuration is visible.
3. Right-click Organization Configuration and select Add Exchange Administrator.
4. On the Add Exchange Administrator page, select the name of the Vault Service account.
5. Select Exchange View-Only Administrator role.
6. Click Add.
7. On the Completion page, click Finish.

After assigning the appropriate permissions to the Enterprise Vault service account, it may be necessary to restart the Enterprise Vault server which is running the provisioning task in order for the changes to take effect.

As far as SQL permissions,

Add vaultadmin account to the 'SQLAgentUserRole' role.

Judy

PaulHod_TA
Level 3

Thanks for the reply Judy,

I have tried what you suggested. I alos double checked permissions on the public folder store using adsiedit and the evadmin account has full rights and no denys what so ever.

also adding the evadmin to the sqlagentuserrole group has had no affect either.

regards

Paul H

PaulHod_TA
Level 3

can anyone offer any further assistance on this one?

Paul H