cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User cannot log in after vault client 10.0.3 install

michaelb0101
Level 3

Hi

Having a really tough time with an issue. A user got a new Mac running OS X 10.8.4, she originally had the vault client 9.0.2 which would not let her log in, no matter what combination of credentials we entered it would not let her in. So we decided to put the 10.0.3 client on her system in hopes that it supports 10.8.4 OS X, but now the Login... button is completely grayed out, the only thing available is preferences and about.

Help! Is there something we're missing with this? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

EV 10.0.4 was just released which now supports Kerberos auth for Mac clients. You might want to look into that.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
What version of exchange and is Kerberos involved? Thought I read a post on these forums that there were problems if Kerberos was involved...
Working for cloudficient.com

michaelb0101
Level 3

Exchange 2003, with the option to move to 2010 if needed.

Kerberos is involved, but we can't even get to that point currently. When clicking on the vault icon in the upper right corner, the Login... button is completely grayed out. In 9.0.2 at least we could get to the point of attempting to log in. Now that's not even an option.

She is also using Entourage 2008 for the mail client.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
If you open up the console, do you see any EV client logging being displayed?
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Nate_D1
Level 6

Is the EV site/system working fine otherwise?  What is the 'grey button' that you mentioned, is that a login prompt for Entourage? For EV?  Is she getting mail OK but just not access to her vaulted items?

michaelb0101
Level 3

@JesusWept3 I haven't checked that actually, I'm going to be doing more troubleshooting on it early tomorrow morning before the user gets in and will check that, I'll also be doing a full uninstall and reinstall of the client, doing some research online I did not perform a full uninstall prior to installing the new client, I just installed right over the old client

@Nate.D Yes, the system is working fine otherwise. The gray button I may have not described well, when you click on the client icon in the upper right corner by the clock, a menu drops down. Normally you would click "Login" to log in, but that option is not available. The only clickable options are preferences and about. Her mail is working great, no issues there. Just access to vault through the client.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

EV 10.0.4 was just released which now supports Kerberos auth for Mac clients. You might want to look into that.

michaelb0101
Level 3

Thanks for this. I just checked it out but it looks like it's only for Outlook 2011 for Mac clients, not Entourage. However we are testing the EWS version of Entourage today so I'll be trying out the 10.0.4 client with 9.0.2 server and will report back my findings.

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I would suggest you to uninstall EV extension from MAC book as per TN http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH73618, clear the foot prints if unistall is NOT successful.

Go to 'Preferences Pane', Delete EV preferences. Browse to Library > Application Support and drag the Symantec Enterprise Vault folder to the Trash.
Open Activity Monitor and quit Enterprise Vault processes (helper & toolbar)

Now install latest version (10.0 SP3 or SP4 client extension).

If 'login' still remain grey out, then please send installaion log from MAC book.

michaelb0101
Level 3

We have a winner!

Entourage 13.1.6 (EWS edition)
EV client 10.0.4
Exchange 2010
EV server 9.0.2

All is right with the world again, thanks everyone for your help!