cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users not able to view Archived Attachments using Outlook 2003

John_Matteson
Level 3

We have a seemingly across the board issue with users not able to open archived attachments while using Outlook 2003.

EV is 10.0.1

Workstations are running XP (latest patches/SP's) and Office 2003/Outlook 2003 (latest SP's and updates).

The Outlook client add-in is not being used.

Other third party Outlook add-ins are being used.

This has not been a problem in the past, users were able to open attachments without issue.

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Is that a typo above that the Outlook client add-in is NOT being used?

If it isn't, how did users access attachments in the past, via a link?

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

I not sure that it worked in the past would come in as a valid point...in order for the messages to be retrieved you need the EV Outlook add-in in order to load the forms and the valkery.dll etc. What you are seeing at the moment is just the EV shortcut or the message body, hence no attachment are being retrieved. As far as I understand you will need the EV client add-in in order to retrieve archived messages together with the attachments. Otherwise you need to restore the messages from the server side without the EV client.

John_Matteson
Level 3

Good morning Tony. No, that is not a typo. The users do not use the EV client. Apparently they get a link. In the recent past, the users clicked the link, got the message and any attachments. Now they get the message, but no attachments.

Local IT personnel are leary of installing the EV client with Office/Outlook 2003 as apparently they have three other heavy duty third party add-ins already loaded and have had bad experiences with the EV Outlook 2003 client add-in previously (crashes, user lock ups, etc.).

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

Could you let us know how the link is being presented to the users within their Outlook 2003?

I suspect is the link to view the original items (presented within the EV shortcuts)? Could take screenshots of what the problem is? Happening to a user, multiple users, single message multiple messesges etc. 

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks John, that is what I thought was going on.  Agreed with LCT, a screen shot would help a lot.  Also, along with the questions above, are there any events in the EV App log when this happens?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Maybe the shortcut content part of the policy has changed and the links to attachments are no longer added to shortcuts? Does the issue happen with newly archived items, and items which were archived a long time ago?
Working for cloudficient.com