cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Store Database Log Space is low

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have a vault store database log that continously says it's using 90+% of it's allocated space. I have a SQL Maitenance plan setup to backup the transaction logs. The maintenance plan is running properly. I have it set to run while EV is in backup mode. It runs at 8:30pm but for some reason at 9am the following morning I see Event ID 41205 and 42013 pop up saying the transaction logs have used 90+ % of their allocated space. I tried to simply change the log to unrestricted growth but it does not keep the change and keeps reverting back to restricted growth. If I run the maintenance plan manually the error goes away until the following day.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I changed the databases to simple recovery instead of full so I'm hoping that resolves it.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Pradeep-Papnai
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Can you check the information supplied in other forum thread.

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/space-vault-store-fingerprint-database-log-alarm#comment-6333391

http://www.symantec.com/connect/forums/critical-alerts-space-directory-database-log-vault-store-database-log#comment-6856931

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Do you know if something was changed or added to the mailbox policies? If a new message class was added to the archiving policy (such as calendar items) or moved items was enabled, for instance, that might cause the transaction log to grow really quick during the archiving schedule since there are a lot of updates operations on the database, specially if you never had these options enabled before. You can run DBCC SHRINK or run the maintenance every day buy you might want to confirm if something was change in the policies. Another reason could be that the archiving task was modified increasing the concurrent connections to the Exchange servers.

I hope this helps.

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I changed the databases to simple recovery instead of full so I'm hoping that resolves it.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

I think you are having very data / transaction which is daily write into SQL databases. I think for this your decision to change to simple should help.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I wouldn't advise going to simple recovery mode.

Working for cloudficient.com

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

That could be a workaround, but it wouldn't fix this issue. If switching the recovery model to simple is not a concern for you, then it might work. Just wanted to bring to your attention the difference between full and simple:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189275%28v=sql.105%29.aspx

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you need any more help with this issue?

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

No, enabling simple recovery appears to have resolved my issue.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Ok. Well, like I said - I don't recommend that ... at all. You've sold one issue, but potentially opened the door to a worse one, but it is your choice.