cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual Vault and yellow banner

Edyxx
Level 5

Dear All,

Does anybody know why the issue with yellow banner in body text occurs in Virtual Vault? It does even happen when the computer is on the network and connected to the EV server. 

Clicking from the top to bottom through the message headers with reading pane a lot messages are shown with the yellow banner that EV cannot retrieve the body text. It doesn't even retrieve the message when opened with a double click. But if clicking back to the top the message headers body text loads and the yellow banner is replaced with the message contents.

I see this sometimes and I'm asking me why this happen. I was told it could be the virus scanner, but in our case EV local folder where the cache is, is excluded from the scanning. 

Is the only fix really to rebuild the local Virtual Vault cache?

Thanks,

Edy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
9 REPLIES 9

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you mean this yellow banner?

Check your Desktop Policy under Advanced, and then Virtual Vault - look for the setting called:

'Show Content in Reading Pane'

Working for cloudficient.com

Edyxx
Level 5

This policy option is checked. Thanks.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Ben posted on this previously
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/error-while-opening-virtual-vault-item#comment-768597...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Edyxx
Level 5

It is not the yellow  banner error shown above. It is a yellow banner  saying something "could not retrieve the message because the server is not available" Although the client is connected.

Also the yellow banner applies for approximately 30% of the message. Which makes me think, there is nothing wrong with the policy.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Do you have Vault Cache with content deployed? I mean .. if the data is local, then VV wouldn't be going off to the server to get the message. How many users do you have? How many servers? Maybe they're 'overloading' the number of retrievals (eg highlight one item in VV, then press down arrow 50 times.. that *could* cause 50 retrievals... then up arrow 50 times.. that could cause 50 more retrievals - of the same stuff)

Edyxx
Level 5

Yes it is stored local. About 150 users with one server.It's not a big problem, but it happens sometime and I would like to find out the cause. I know a quick solution would be to rebuild the local cache. But it is also time consuming and maybe does slow down the computer for the user during rebuilding phase.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I wouldn't suggest rebuilding the vault cache.  I'd suggest reviewing some client trace first of all, of an affected user - or two.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Did you get any further with this issue?

Edyxx
Level 5

Not really, no other clients are known in my company with the same problem. We do have occasionally this problem.

Thanks,

Edy