cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning: failed to process mailbox

bd1
Level 3

Hi

Archiving email is working fine in our environment, but one mailbox is getting the warning message. I have tried disabling the mailbox for vault archiving and re-enabling, resetting the vault agent permission on the mailbox. Reset the users outlook and tried a new profile.  Does anyone have any suggestions to resolve?  We are running 10.0.4.1189

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

bd1
Level 3

The problem was resolved by following the below article - and re-enabling the mailbox when finished

How to remove (zap) Enterprise Vault (EV) properties from Archive-Enabled Exchange mailboxes:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35614

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Is the mailbox provisioned?  Can you manually archive manually archive items from the mailbox?  Can you do a run now in report\normal mode against that mailbox?

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Besides Tony's suggestions, I would also recommend running a dtrace against the ArchveTask process when running the archiving task in report/normal mode. Also, do you see any events (warnings or errors) in the event viewer for this specific mailbox?

bd1
Level 3

Hi Tony - yes, it is provisioned and I have manually archived some of the content, I left the most recent month un-archived. I have run an archiving report against it, but just get warning: failed to process mailbox.  Gabe - there is nothing in the log other than the warning.  I can try the dtrace though.  Also a colleague suggested I manually archive the whole mailbox to see if anything is stuck - I am thinking I will try this too.

bd1
Level 3

I tried a dtrace, but it generated a lot of output and I only selected one mailbox, is there anything in particular I should search for in the output? what mode is the best to run the report when using dtrace normal/report?

In the log after the report runs I get this message in the log:

A queued operation exceeded the retry count and has been discarded

Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for (Server name()

Retrieved a [MsgID_ArchiveMailboxEx3 (91)] MSMQ message on queue [ServerName\Private$\Enterprise Vault Exchange Mailbox Task for Server Name120607125145 A3], but it's retry count [4] exceeds the maximum retry limit [3].

This is most likely related, so will see what I can find out about this.

I have also vaulted the mailbox and then run a the archive job again but still got the same error.  I will look at the mailbox tomorrow to see if the vault mail icons have changed.

Thanks

bd1
Level 3

The problem was resolved by following the below article - and re-enabling the mailbox when finished

How to remove (zap) Enterprise Vault (EV) properties from Archive-Enabled Exchange mailboxes:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH35614