cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do the targets on tasks get populated from?

MaykelF0209
Level 3

Tunning EV 10.0.4 on a DAG with 4 member servers all with active databases. 

When I check the Exchange Archiving tasks for one of the members it only shows 1 database.  Where does this get populated from? Can I add the other databases manually or by adding users from exchange of these databases in the provisioning task populates this entry?

1-29-2014 1-20-11 PM_0.jpg

As you can see I should be able to see many more active databases on this particualr arching task I don't.  When I add other users to the provisioning task they don't show up as avvailable when trying to enable them for archiving.  

When I run deployment scanner it doesn't show any issues with permissions.  

Any ideas regarding this matter?

Thanks

Mike

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MaykelF0209
Level 3

Thanks for your reply but I performed a few tests and was able to determing that these task's tagets get populated after adding users to the provisioning groups depending on which member server of the DAG their database is.  

I added a few other users from other databases that were on other exchage servers and those target tabs were populated correctly.  

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Maykel,

The archiving task gets that information from the Exchange servers. How many mounted and active databases do you have on this Exchange Server?

MaykelF0209
Level 3

Thanks for your reply but I performed a few tests and was able to determing that these task's tagets get populated after adding users to the provisioning groups depending on which member server of the DAG their database is.  

I added a few other users from other databases that were on other exchage servers and those target tabs were populated correctly.  

Thanks

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Pretty sure its actually the Provisioning Task that looks at the Exchange server to determine which Mailbox Databases it hosts, and then updates the ExchangeMailboxStore table

You could run this query to see all the exchange servers and mailbox databases and how many users are assigned to each one.

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
SELECT T.Name "Task Name",
       ESE.ExchangeComputer "Exchange Server",
       EMS.Name "Mailbox Database Name",
       COUNT(EME.DefaultVaultId) "# of users"
FROM   ExchangeMailboxEntry EME,
       ExchangeMailboxStore EMS,
       ExchangeServerEntry ESE,
       ArchivingRetrievalTask ART,
       Task T
WHERE  EME.MbxStoreIdentity = EMS.MbxStoreIdentity
  AND  EMS.ExchangeServerIdentity = ESE.ExchangeServerIdentity