Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

journaling not working but no errors in Dtrace or Events

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

Another strange issue I am having is with regards to the Journaling. The journal task is running (no failure) and there is no errors in the Dtraces or the Event logs. I can see the R3 queue going up by one then 0 and then p by one again (so EV is reading the mailbox).

Recreated the journal task without any issues and have tried changing the system mailbox but still no luck.

The only error I am getting is with the provisioning task. It states that it cannot read most of the AD. What I am not sure about is if the Provisioning task is at fault why would the task run still run?

I have run out of ideas on this one.

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Morning Guys,

Managed to sort out the problem. We applied a work around for 10.0.2 which included adding two registry keys into the EV system. One of them being DS server. 

After further investigation we where informed that the Journaling server that was not archiving was in a separate domain. We removed the DS server reg key and everything started working. Over sight on my side.

Thanks for all the help. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

The EV version is 10.0.2

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

It might be you added whole organization as target in VAC.

Check the provisioning task report (Full report) and check whether you are able to findout the Journal mailbox name and verify whether it is correctly added in provisioning group.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I'd suggest:

a/ Is the Vault Store in backup mode where the archive resides?

b/ Post a full trace.

Working for cloudficient.com

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Please attach the Dtrace to the post..

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
My guess would be same as Robs, Backup Mode on the vault store or Report Mode set on the task
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

sandeepk
Level 5
Partner Accredited

If it is possible some corrupted mail are stuck for arching. Move some mail in to PST file and then restart journal task  

wilsond3010
Level 6
Partner

Is this happening after a migration?  I'm going through a simlar problem.

Didn't show obvious when I looked in event viewing until I went down too the application services and logs for enterprise vault itself.  And watched as I stopped and re-started the tasks.

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

If you have a dtrace for journaltask, post the dtrace so we can take a look and assist you.

Rdosramos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Morning Guys,

Managed to sort out the problem. We applied a work around for 10.0.2 which included adding two registry keys into the EV system. One of them being DS server. 

After further investigation we where informed that the Journaling server that was not archiving was in a separate domain. We removed the DS server reg key and everything started working. Over sight on my side.

Thanks for all the help.