cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrading EV 2007 (7.5) without SP to SP6

OlafD
Level 5

We would like to upgrade EV2007 without any service pack, to sp6. I have ran the deployment scanner and this gave some unimportant warnings(on MSMQ) but it all seems fine. We have no experience with upgrading or installing ourselves.
1- Can we upgrade to sp6 without doing previous sp's first?
2- Any experiences here? Is it very riscfully or is it 'Next, Next, Finish'  ?
3- any known problems from experience? I have read the release notes and other documents and sites, and it seems very straight forward.

P.S. ofcourse I read the upgrade instructions file. But in practise it is always different.

Thanks again!
Olaf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Hi Olaf

1. You can upgrade from 7.5 no SP to 7.5 SP6 straight away
2. Run the Deployment Scanner and fix everything flagged as red to smooth out the process, with this in it is normally a next next next install
3. EV is a really good product to upgrade it is fairly forgiving, just have SQL backups, Store and Index backups (overkill but hey) and then the EV install path and EV server system state should anything go wrong you can roll back fairly easily

You could also go from 7.5 no SP to v8 however this is a more detailed move and requires more changes so maybe employ a consultancy firm to come in and quote and scope it, if you are uncomfortable with it

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Hi Olaf

1. You can upgrade from 7.5 no SP to 7.5 SP6 straight away
2. Run the Deployment Scanner and fix everything flagged as red to smooth out the process, with this in it is normally a next next next install
3. EV is a really good product to upgrade it is fairly forgiving, just have SQL backups, Store and Index backups (overkill but hey) and then the EV install path and EV server system state should anything go wrong you can roll back fairly easily

You could also go from 7.5 no SP to v8 however this is a more detailed move and requires more changes so maybe employ a consultancy firm to come in and quote and scope it, if you are uncomfortable with it

OlafD
Level 5

Hiya Marvin,

Thanks for your reply! I have ran the deployment scanner and we only have some warnings, no red flags. I will see that I plan this upgrade to SP6 asap. We will move to version 8 later this year, but we have to upgrade a few more things first.

Again, thanks for your help!

Olaf

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Can I get a solution flag then please :p

OlafD
Level 5

Oops, while I was typing I thought about it. After I was finished, I forgot.