cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

5220 Appliance - EMM(88) Issue adding Tape Library

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have a 5220 appliance which is running as a Master/Media server, and I am trying to add a tape library to it over fibre channel.

I have attached the device, and performed a SCAN within the appliance and see the robotics and drive OK.

From the NBU Admin Console, running as Administrator on W2K8R2, I start a session to the appliance in question.  I select the Configure Storage Devices Wizzard and scan the host.  As can be seen from the attached the robot and drive are discovered successfully but I immediately get an error message "Could Not List Cache: Invalid Host. The Host Is Not Defined in EMM(88)." and cannot proceed.  (shown on attached document)

I have also included the output from nbemmcmd -listhosts -verbose for reference.

I have eth6 & eth7 (10Gb ethernet) in an 802.3ad bond - named bond0.

As all the names appear to be matching (using the hostname of symbckdev01_kk not a fully qualified name) what is my issue here ?  I see references to multiple interfaces - but I only have one active (the bond).

Thanks,

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for that Mark. 

All was well with the connectivity & resolution but you got me thinking......

I was running the Admin Console (RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR) which by default conects to my other NBU environment.  From here I select NEW CONSOLE, which launches another console to my original NBU environment.  I then do a CHANGE SERVER to switch to the other environment.

I thought maybe this isn't running 'AS ADMINISTRATOR'....  So I closed the window to my original environment, then closed the window to my 'problem' environent - so now I launch Admin Console as administartor again and it defaults to the last closed window (my problem environment) - and hey presto - all now works !!

Thanks for the input.

AJ

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Is the PC / Server that you are running the admin console from listed as an Additional server in the server list of the Master Server?

It seems to indicate that you do not have rights somewhere to run the commands - as the device wizard invloves adding devices and re-starting services

I am guessing you do as you can use the admin console so to just be on the safe side add your PC to the Masters hosts file and the Master to your hosts file too to ensure communication both ways is spot on whilst you do the work and it all goes across the right network

Also make sure your firewall is tunred off when doing the work

SYMAJ
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks for that Mark. 

All was well with the connectivity & resolution but you got me thinking......

I was running the Admin Console (RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR) which by default conects to my other NBU environment.  From here I select NEW CONSOLE, which launches another console to my original NBU environment.  I then do a CHANGE SERVER to switch to the other environment.

I thought maybe this isn't running 'AS ADMINISTRATOR'....  So I closed the window to my original environment, then closed the window to my 'problem' environent - so now I launch Admin Console as administartor again and it defaults to the last closed window (my problem environment) - and hey presto - all now works !!

Thanks for the input.

AJ

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Good stuff - a rights issue as i suspected