Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appliance 5230 alarm trap MSDP

Arturo_Lopez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hello,

At now, we Appears the next alarm in our monitoring system.

Trap Appliance: Fallo Hardware en el Appliance. Descripcion: {"appliance_1_partition_1_errorstatus":"2","appliance_1_partition_1_status":"Optimal","appliance_1_partition_1_ackid":"ack:raidhead:partition:MSDP","appliance_1_partition_1_total":"13.1 TB","appliance_1_partition_1_state":"Warning","appliance_1_partition_1_used":"82 % *","appliance_1_partition_1_ack":"No","appliance_1_partition_1_partition":"MSDP"}

I don't know if this alarm is about used space in the MSDP pool or if about the percentage of deduplication.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Arturo,

This is a warning alert showing that your MSDP partition (with a total space of 13.1 TB) is 82% full.  You may need to look at clearing any old images, but if you can't I would continue to monitor - the last thing you want is to fill it up Smiley Tongue

The default disk space threshold for an appliance is set at 80%.  You can see what it is set to via the CLISH by going to:   Settings->Alerts->Hardware->Hardware DiskspaceThreshold Show.

You can change the threshold, but I would recommend leaving it at the default, and working out if there images you can expire.  Once you free the space so it is below 80%, you can also use that part of the CLISH menu to clear the warning (AcknowledgeErrors).

Hope this helps,

Steve

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Systems_Team
   VIP   

Hi Arturo,

This is a warning alert showing that your MSDP partition (with a total space of 13.1 TB) is 82% full.  You may need to look at clearing any old images, but if you can't I would continue to monitor - the last thing you want is to fill it up Smiley Tongue

The default disk space threshold for an appliance is set at 80%.  You can see what it is set to via the CLISH by going to:   Settings->Alerts->Hardware->Hardware DiskspaceThreshold Show.

You can change the threshold, but I would recommend leaving it at the default, and working out if there images you can expire.  Once you free the space so it is below 80%, you can also use that part of the CLISH menu to clear the warning (AcknowledgeErrors).

Hope this helps,

Steve

Arturo_Lopez
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Thank you so much!! It's what I was looking for