cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving tape libraries to new media server

Stanleyj
Level 6

I just added in a new 5230 media server to replace an old 5200 and im having trouble figuring out how to migrate the two tape libraries over to it.  Does any one know of a way to change the ownership of the robots so that the 5230 has control?  Im not trying to change anything with the way they function other than who is controlling the robots.

I downed the drives and then moved the fiber to the new media server but all of the configs still show the 5200 as the device host.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Review TECH62119. You will have to remove the library from the current media server and associate with the new media server. (nbemmcmd -deletealldevices -machinename -machinetype media)

You should also associate the media with the new media server. (Media Host Override entry)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SymTerry
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Review TECH62119. You will have to remove the library from the current media server and associate with the new media server. (nbemmcmd -deletealldevices -machinename -machinetype media)

You should also associate the media with the new media server. (Media Host Override entry)

Stanleyj
Level 6

Thanks Terry I ended up deleted everything related to the drives and then recreating on the new media server and this seems to have worked at the moment.  I will keep the article you linked handy for when we finally decide to decommision the 5200 because its going to stay online until the images that are stored on it expire.

I was looking into the media override option and it looks like this is a new entry i need to put in the bp.conf file on the 5230.  Is this correct?  Thanks.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

It can be done from the GUI which will add the entry to bp.conf:

Host Properties -> Master server -> General Server -> Media host override.

Best to move all image ownership to new media server (host override will not be needed) :

bpimage -newserver <name> -oldserver <name>

PS: Please mark SymTerry's post as Solution.