cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIRTUAL APPLIANCE 3.0 INSTALL

melmel_bk
Level 3

I am currently trying to install virtual appliance 3.0.

It was downloaded from the Veritas Download Center and the file name is NetBackup_VA_ROBO_3.0_EN.ova.

In vmware ESXI, I tried to proceed with the installation through "Deploying a virtual system from an OVF or OVA file", but the following error occurs
"The VM you want to deploy contains a compressed disk image. The Host Client currently cannot deploy VMs with compressed disk images. Deploy this VM using OVFTool or vCenter Server."

Is there any workaround? Tried it in vCenter 7 but the result was the same.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @melmel_bk 

It is possible to extract the various components from the OVA and deal with them separately (most sensible archiving tools on Windows can extract the contents - 7zip for instance). 

On question though - why are you deploying such an old version? As a ROBO image, this is standalone, so why aren't you able to deploy something a little more current (4.x or even 5.0)?

Cheers
David

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

davidmoline
Level 6
Employee

Hi @melmel_bk 

It is possible to extract the various components from the OVA and deal with them separately (most sensible archiving tools on Windows can extract the contents - 7zip for instance). 

On question though - why are you deploying such an old version? As a ROBO image, this is standalone, so why aren't you able to deploy something a little more current (4.x or even 5.0)?

Cheers
David

Hello David. I'm just building for testing. Among the clients I work with, there are cases where appliance upgrades and eebs need to be applied. I'm making it for testing before work. 7zip? Can you elaborate on how to extract via thank you.