Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to use the root inside the appliances 5020 and 5220

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi all ,

please provide me with any documents that explaining how to use the command line inside the appliances 5020 and 5220 when iam using root acount not sysadmin.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

When logged into the appliance as sysadmin (5020) or admin (5220) CLISH you can drop to root on both appliances

For the 5020 go to admin menu and type su

For the 5220 go to the support menu and type maintenance - provide the maintenance password (P@ssw0rd by default) and then type elevate to drop into the root

Dont forget to type exit (twice on the 5220) to drop back to the CLISH and logout from there once you have finished - and be careful what you are doing whilst inside!!

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

When you are root on the Appliance, you are a Linux sysadmin with super-user rights.

Best to attend a Linux sysadmin training course to understand and administer servers at this level.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

When logged into the appliance as sysadmin (5020) or admin (5220) CLISH you can drop to root on both appliances

For the 5020 go to admin menu and type su

For the 5220 go to the support menu and type maintenance - provide the maintenance password (P@ssw0rd by default) and then type elevate to drop into the root

Dont forget to type exit (twice on the 5220) to drop back to the CLISH and logout from there once you have finished - and be careful what you are doing whilst inside!!

Hope this helps

RecioLola
Level 3

Thanks MarK.

It's a good solution for me because we want to do commands and with admin user it is not possible,

like get a copy of nbsu report to open an issue to support.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Glad to have helped  - wonder if it solved it for nrrami? - feel free to give a thumbs up though!

Rami_Nasser1
Level 6

really I wanted not how to go to root but how to use it .Appreciate

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Ok - when inside the appliance it is just like any other O/S

NetBackup is installed in the usual location /usr/openv/netbackup

The MSDP components are under /disk

Pure Disk commands can be found under /usr/openv/pdde/pdcr/bin

Hope this helps