cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I give a Netbackup User rights to map to an open share (logs)?

mnblake
Level 2
Partner

Hello!

I am able to map the \\appliance\logs Open Share with the admin account.  How do I enable of accounts to map to the share as well?  I have created a CLI user as well as Admin account via the web console.  Both accounts can not map to the share.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

The 'share open' command does what it does.  The CLI appliance user accounts are NetBackup admin users and not OS admin users.  If the share is not mountable by a CLI appliance user account, then that's by design.  You could probably drop to the root shell and manually tweak / re-export the shares, but then that would be an unsupported action, and may stop you from ever closing the share and/or from ever opening shares again.  Remember, the CLIsh is set of scripts which presents an abstracted set of features, it is not an OS.  So, if you bend the underlying OS then there is every chance that the CLIsh scripts will break because they have not been coded to take into consideration your actions which are outside of its control.

Probably best not to try what you want to do.  If you really must try, then try on a spare or virtual appliance first.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified

The 'share open' command does what it does.  The CLI appliance user accounts are NetBackup admin users and not OS admin users.  If the share is not mountable by a CLI appliance user account, then that's by design.  You could probably drop to the root shell and manually tweak / re-export the shares, but then that would be an unsupported action, and may stop you from ever closing the share and/or from ever opening shares again.  Remember, the CLIsh is set of scripts which presents an abstracted set of features, it is not an OS.  So, if you bend the underlying OS then there is every chance that the CLIsh scripts will break because they have not been coded to take into consideration your actions which are outside of its control.

Probably best not to try what you want to do.  If you really must try, then try on a spare or virtual appliance first.