Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PureDisk Kill

ElGringo
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I notice since PureDisk 6.6, that I  cannot stop some jobs ...
For Example killing PDDO Backup and CR Queue Processing jobs ...
When I try to stopjobs gracefully or not it say

The workflow engine couln't stop this job: Gracefull kill of 'CR Queue Processing' Job (id: 2696) not allowed
For more help contact NetBackup PureDisk Support.

(I looged in PureDisk WebUI with root user  ...)

Any Idea ?

Many Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

kunal
Level 4
Employee
 CR queue processing job cannot be cancelled via GUI. You will have to wait until the job is finished gracefully or gets aborted by watchdog.

For PDDO backup jobs, cancel the jobs from netbackup side and that should terminate the job from PD too.

Casey_Simpson
Level 2
I've seen the same issue, occasionally I have a PDDO backup job running in Puredisk with no cooresponding job in Netbackup, so there's nothing to kill. In one example, the client that is listed in the PDDO job completed it's backup in Netbackup over 5 hours ago, but the PDDO job didn't complete. I've tried rebooting the Netbackup system, as well as restarting the Puredisk services and cannot get the PDDO job to die. Anyone else seen this and have suggestion? Ordinarily I wouldn't care, but when a PDDO backup job is active then my maintenance jobs won't run, they just get stuck in a "queued" status (PDDO Data Removal specifically, occasionally I notice CR Queue and CR Garbage collection hang as well in this situation).

ElGringo
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi,

I opened a case since PureDisk advise to contact the Symantec Technical support Team.
To sum up, here is the explanation in my case :
The support guy explained that it happened when the PureDisk Database get corrupted (after electrical power outage or a FS Full occurred).
For me the support guy ran a script to modify the PDDO job status that was display as running in PureDisk monitor interface altough there is no NBU jobs runing at the same time.  

So Casey,I strongly advise you to open a case.