cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Puredisk Replication Import performance

Tom_Burrell
Level 5

Having an issue with Puredisk taking forever to import replicated data selections.  The Import jobs get queued up into the 1000's.  The replication jobs themeselves are completing fine- the data import is what's getting delayed.

Just curious what the primary performance constraints are with this process- should I be looking at CPU, RAM, Disk?  I have an all-in-one system as the replication target- should I look at spinning off one of the services to it's own box?  And if so, which one should I be looking at?

Not looking for a definitive "your problem is X". more like "Data Imports are (RAM/CPU/etc) intensive, so make sure you have plenty of that"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_Burrell
Level 5

Got a response to my support call on this- turns out there's a bug in the code that's a little too aggressive with creating import jobs.  Symantec has an EEB to fix it, and it works.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Tom_Burrell
Level 5

Got a response to my support call on this- turns out there's a bug in the code that's a little too aggressive with creating import jobs.  Symantec has an EEB to fix it, and it works.

Anders_Tenden
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

I have the exact same issue, but I cant find it in any technote regarding this. Where did you get the EEB? Do I have to open a case?

S_Williamson
Level 6

Out of curiosity, what version of Puredisk is this effecting?

Simon