cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replications extremely slow

Stan_Kohut
Level 2

We have been having puredisk problems for the last couple months due to a network spike. After about a month of running a recoverCR on our database, our puredisk file backups are working, but the secondary job of replicating that data is extremely slow. When the job runs on node A, it spawns over 60 jobs(import replicated data) on the target node B. Each one of these jobs takes 1 - 2.5 hours to complete. We used to replicate in a very short amount of time(less than 2 hours). Now it takes 5-7 days. The job on node A is set to escalate and cancel after 2 days, but the smaller jobs on node B continue to run until they finish. Does anyone know if we should really be getting that many jobs spawned from the original job? Do I need to set the job on node A to not cancel after 2 days so it will actually show complete?

I apologize in advance on my ignorance, but I am still learning these applications after having to take over our entire backup plan with a dirty hand-off and no training. I do have a ticket open with Symantec, but lord only knows when they will call and what time zone it will be from. Any information provided would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Todd_D__Woodwar
Level 3
Employee

Greetings Stan,

You opened a support case regarding this issue and I took ownership. As I wrote you, since your environment was down for quite some time, it will take quite a bit of time before your two enviornments are in sync again.

The spawning of multiple import jobs on Node B is also normal. As the data is being built on Node A, import jobs are spawning on Node B, instead of waiting for the data to be completed building on Node A. This prevents having to start from the beginning again if the job on Node A is cancelled.

Until your two PureDisk environments are back in sync, you should indeed modify the policy on Node A so it does not cancel after 2 hours.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.