cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.0 mp4 release date ???

keith_abell
Level 4
Anyone know the expected release date (if any) of 6.0 mp4? Is there a list of bug fixes?
(OS is Win2003 STD Server)

Thankyou,
Keith
9 REPLIES 9

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
Last I heard the first week of Sept.

keith_abell
Level 4
Thankyou, for the reply.
Where on the Veritas site can the release date status/info be found. Endless searches and keywords have turned up nothing useful.
Thankyou, for your help,
Keith

Dennis_Strom
Level 6
I do not know if you can find it there. I just got off the phone with support. While on the phone I asked what he thought the time frame would be and he told me that late september might be more realistic.

Stumpr2
Level 6
The goal is to release an MP once a quarter and binaries as required can be downloaded from support. The end of September would be the end of the quarter.

Lance_Hoskins
Level 6
I think with the number of custom binaries we have from NBU support right now, we've all but got MP4 already! EBAY time! :)

Stumpr2
Level 6
yeah...and who do you think would buy that sorry sack of cat #%$t?

keith_abell
Level 4
If these release info is not on the website, then I guess the fixes won't be listed either. We are currently using NB 5.0 MP5, Win 2003 std server to back up Netware 6.5 clients. The reliability isn't 100%, but, looking at the 6.0 history, it sounds as if upgrading to NB 6.0 mp4 could be less reliable. May be better to stick with what we have.
Again,
Thankyou for your help.
Keith

keith_abell
Level 4
If these release info is not on the website, then I guess the fixes won't be listed either. We are currently using NB 5.0 MP5, Win 2003 std server to back up Netware 6.5 clients. The reliability isn't 100%, but, looking at the 6.0 history, it sounds as if upgrading to NB 6.0 mp4 could be less reliable. May be better to stick with what we have.
Again,
Thankyou for your help.
Keith

Lance_Hoskins
Level 6
No worries, 6.0 is getting there. Give it another couple maintenance packs. ;) Heck, even Bob's on board at this point, so it can't be THAT bad!