cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I missing something -- NetBackup 7.5.0.6

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

So, did I miss the release of NetBackup 7.5.0.6  ??

If so, could you please point me in the correct direction.  I tried all my normal tricks and couldn't find it.

If NOT,   ARGH !!  Windows 2012 has been out for what, like a YEAR now, and I still can't back it up??  Where's the "90 day" promise?

Thanks for any info.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Pretty much the same - register through symbeta and if accepted you will have access to the 7.6 beta version (which will do verything for a 2012 client) of have the special 7.1.0.4 binary which is supported for 2012 servers but just does flat files (no system state etc.)

View solution in original post

StefanosM
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

7.6 beta is not supported within a working environment.

On the other hand, the special version of  7.1.0.4 is supported.

Marianne
Level 6

Use UNC path, not drive letter. 
Also check that NBU Client Service is started with Domain admin account with sufficient permissions. 
See Backup Network Drives in NBU Admin Guide I.

14 REPLIES 14

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

You havent missed anything Lynne - it just hasn't been released yet!

"Soon" they say - but no date

People are using the 7.1.0.4 beta installer or the 7.6 Beta for thei clients at the moment by the looks of it

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

Mark, you ALWAYS come through :)

What's a "7.1.0.4 beta installer"??   Is that better than registering for the 7.6 Beta? 

sksujeet
Level 6

test 7.6 beta from the link below

http://symbeta.symantec.com .

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

Pretty much the same - register through symbeta and if accepted you will have access to the 7.6 beta version (which will do verything for a 2012 client) of have the special 7.1.0.4 binary which is supported for 2012 servers but just does flat files (no system state etc.)

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

The other promise they made when the new CEO came in was not to release software until they were really happy with it - I guess that over rides the general 90 day rule these days!

One other thing - which is not supported - if your 2012 server is in VMWare I am told a vSphere API backup does it perfectly! - just not supported!

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

Thanks again, folks..   maybe you're correct about "Dueling Promises"...

yeah, these are physical servers...  i created me a symbeta account  ..  can't decide between the beta and that 7.1.0.4 special installer.

StefanosM
Level 6

7.6 beta is not supported within a working environment.

On the other hand, the special version of  7.1.0.4 is supported.

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

AHA !!  That's one way to decide.  Thanks, Stefanos...  

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

Well, I'm waiting for my 7.1.0.4 beta installer ....   I was supposesd to put in a request at "Symbeta", right? 

Also, in the meantime, I thought I'd use the work-around "mount drive on non-2012 system" because I want to restore something.  But neither NetBackup nor the BAR is seeing the drive mounted from the 2012 system onto a non-2012 one.   (in this case a "Z" drive)

Again, i feel like i'm missing something. 

Marianne
Level 6

Use UNC path, not drive letter. 
Also check that NBU Client Service is started with Domain admin account with sufficient permissions. 
See Backup Network Drives in NBU Admin Guide I.

huanglao2002
Level 6

you can ask symc SE,they should know netbackup 7.5.0.6 release plan.

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

AHA!!  UNC, that did it in conjunction with giving sufficient permissions..   thanks, Marianne.  PERFECT

Lynne_Seamans
Level 6

And i just got the 7.1.0.4 beta installer downloaded and installed, and have sucessfully backed up files on my 2012 server.

THANKS all.