cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application and Database pack for Solaris!

Aaalvarez
Level 2

Hi everyone,

I have a backup solution with 4 Host running OVM with Standard Clients and now we need licensing "Application and Database pack". Here is my question: do i need to buy "Client Application & Database pack" for WIN/LNX/SOL X64 or for Unix??; 

I know, the first opcion sounds logically but in another topics people have answered Unix option. i don't know why. Does anybody know?

THANKS!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Depends on your Oeacle VM platform. If using Oracle VM for x86, former is right option. Whereas, if using Oracle VM for SPARC, later is needed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

Depends on your Oeacle VM platform. If using Oracle VM for x86, former is right option. Whereas, if using Oracle VM for SPARC, later is needed.

jim_dalton
Level 6

Having reread your question: "Unix" typically refers to SPARC and the other refers to anything under X86 be it Linux, Solx86,Win.

Jim

Aaalvarez
Level 2

And how's the case when you have X86 and X64 VMs in the same host?

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You need the WIN/LNX/SOL X64 license.

You ONLY need the Unix license if everything is running on SPARC hardware.

RonCaplinger
Level 6

You would not be running SPARC and x86 in the same box.  Those are hardware platforms, not OS versions.  And there are versions of Solairs OS that can run on each of them.

If you are running 32 bit (referred to as x86) and 64 bit (x64) VM's in VMware, you would use one  "WIN/LNX/SOL X64" license for each physical ESX host system.

If you are running a client on a Sun or Oracle SPARC architecture, you would need the Unix license.

Yasuhisa_Ishika
Level 6

NetBackup x86(32bit) client is no longer supported. You can install clients only on x64(64bit) VMs.