cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Architecture of Robot Lib

Mathews
Level 4
Hi ,

After gone through the theoritical concepts from Media Manager System administrator guide , i unable to guess Logically the whole Architecture of Robot Lib system( Robotic Arm,Lib slots, Tape drives , connectivity of those through SCSI cables to Media servers), Can any one tell ..Is there any Architecture diagram (pdf) file for this?
7 REPLIES 7

Stumpr2
Level 6
Sorry, I do not know of a good pdf.

I learned NetBackup through the use of commands like tpconfig, robtest, mt and tar. The GUI is nice but unfortunately it is hard to learn from. I know of some UNIX admins that can NOT add a user without using a GUI.

Mathews
Level 4
It's Ok bob ,thanks

Deepak_Bhalwank
Level 5
Hey,
May be this helps although particular to library we use -

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11863_na/11863_na.html

Br,
Deepak.

Raghava_Chary
Level 4
Selvan,

I didn't get what actually you are looking for, do you want to know how the backup flow within netbacukp and what all netbackup uses in order to back them up?

If you can be more specific then i may try to help you my level best.

Raghava.

Mathews
Level 4
Hi Raghava,

Acctually I gone through the Media Manager Sys admin guide , i can understand the concepts of all the things ( Robot , Drives , Tapes ,Slots etc) , but unable to understand the logical internal archetecture(connectivity or location) of those ...that is , i just confused ... Is the slots located internally or on Robot and those are all connected though SCSI to Media servers? ., Deepak gave the link for HP storage lib but it is external diagram of Tape lib ... if we see the internal devices archetecture we come to know the connectivity and it is better you explain about the backup flow within netbackup...?

Thanks
selva

Chia_Tan_Beng
Level 6
This document may helps (refer to the chapter Library Description -> Library Components):

ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/storageworks/techdoc/esl9000/243491-e5.pdf

At least it provide you diagram of tape library internal.

Hope it helps.

Mathews
Level 4
Hi Beng,

Thanks