cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there any known issues implementing hot catalog backups via SLP using SLP duplications?

nbrams
Level 2

We are currently running on NetBackup v7.0.1 on Solaris10 master server, and are looking forward to upgrade to v7.1

We would like to implement the hot catalog backups, using SLP duplications.

Before we do this, we would like to ensure that there are no known issues with this. So, can anyone help me  

1. Is there anyone who has implemented this before?

2. Are there any known issues (re: backup, duplication, catalog recovery) with hot catalog backups via SLP using SLP duplications?

3. Has anyone tested a catalog recovery from an SLP duplicated non-primary copy

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

RiaanBadenhorst
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

Its totally possible. There used to be an issue (http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH76411) but this would have been fixed by now.

I'm almost certain you would need to edit the DR file to reflect the media ID or data location to point to the copy you're going to use.

carol_s_black_m
Not applicable

i would like info on how to re-activate my norton 2010 internet security system. i downloaded it a /year ago and then again 2 months ago and now i can't get it to work AGAIN!!! how do i get this cleared up?

thank you,

vscounterman

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Extract from SLP Best Practice Guide:

Considerations when using SLPs with Catalog Backups
NetBackup 6.5.4 introduced the ability to use SLPs with catalog backups, however the following points need to be considered when doing this:
* When writing to tape or VTL catalog backups must be directed to volume pools which have the 'catalog backup‘ attribute set. This attribute is not checked when an SLP is configured for use with a catalog backup policy so you must check the pool attributes are set correctly when you create the storage destinations in the SLP.
* If catalog backups are duplicated using SLPs additional steps are required to restore the catalog from a non-primary copy of the catalog backup. More information about this can be found in the NetBackup Troubleshooting Guide and also in TECH125748.
* If catalog backups are duplicated using SLPs both parts of the catalog backup must be duplicated in the same duplication job.
* Additional steps are required when recovering catalog backups from disk storage types supported with SLPs. More information about this process can be found in TECH72198

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH153154

nbrams
Level 2

Thanks Marianne for providing me the technotes.

I am actually looking out to find if there is someone who has already implemented in their environment.