cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bakup Exec import - Exchange

ROFPR
Level 4
Our illustrious legal team wants me to bring back one Exchange 2000 mailbox from 2004. Back then we were using Backup Exec 8.6. We are now on NBU 6.5.4 on Windows server 2003. I gathered up info from the admin guide and a few technotes and was able to succesfully import the tapes into NBU. The only issue I'm facing right now is that when the restore runs there is no actual data being written to my Exchange server. I made sure my stores were dismounted and marked as 'can be overwritten by a restore'. Technote 295433 states that "NetBackup 6.5.2 and later supports Exchange 2000 & 2003 images from Backup Exec 9.1 through 12", Does this mean I'm out of luck and NBU is a no go? Do I need to deploy an actual Backup Exec server to restore.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ROFPR
Level 4

We ended up deploying a BackupExec server on Windows 2000. Smoother than I thought. Restore was a breeze.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CRZ
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Unfortunately, you are correct.  295433 doesn't include BE 8.6 in the Exchange 2000 support, and that's what you'd need.  If you call us, that's what we'll tell you.

ROFPR
Level 4

We ended up deploying a BackupExec server on Windows 2000. Smoother than I thought. Restore was a breeze.