Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot remove client in "Edit Client List"

Matt_Musgrove
Level 4
Certified
Hi,

I am using the Red Hat version of NBU 6.5.

I want to restore a file on client "server1" but in the Client List it appears as "SERVER1" in upper case, presumably because one of my colleagues manually entered it this way at some point.

The result of this is that I can't browse any files using Backup, Archive and Restore for server1.

When I click on Edit Client List and try to add server1 it doesn't replace SERVER1.

I also am unable to delete SERVER1 using the "Remove Selected" button because it is permanently grayed out.

How can I delete SERVER1 from the client list?

Thanks in advance

Matt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Have seen similar with the Windows BAR GUI where a client could not be deleted & have found the Java version to perform better with its client lists - appears to populate them live as opposed to a static list as per the Windows version (not sure where this is held as may be able to edit it manually?)

***EDIT***
Have a look at Stuarts workaround in the following idea:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/bar-client-lists

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

Have seen similar with the Windows BAR GUI where a client could not be deleted & have found the Java version to perform better with its client lists - appears to populate them live as opposed to a static list as per the Windows version (not sure where this is held as may be able to edit it manually?)

***EDIT***
Have a look at Stuarts workaround in the following idea:
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/bar-client-lists

Matt_Musgrove
Level 4
Certified

Yes, thanks Andy, using the Java GUI in Windows does the trick.

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

You'll possibly find that the registry edit of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Veritas\NetBackup\CurrentVersion\Config\Clients per Stuarts post would've also.

Matt_Musgrove
Level 4
Certified

No, cos it's Linux!

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

The registry key change is implemented on the client where I  presumed you were running the BAR GUI from....

Sheikriz
Level 2
I have faced issue similar to this.  Thanks.