cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download client agents for database pack

Altria92
Level 4

I would like some clarification. Are there separate agents used for the database pack (used to backup SQL, AD, Exchange, etc) or do I use the same agents in the NBU 7.0 ISO file under 'pclnts' folder?  If not, where can i download these agents?

Is the extended functionality known on the master server side where the license was applied?

Also, where can i find best practice for backing up AD using the client agents as well as NBU server/client configuration.

5 REPLIES 5

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

You don't have to install any agents. All the agents (EXCH, SQL, ORACLE, etc) are included when you install either the NetBackup server or client software.

Funtionality is unlocked on the master when you install the license on it.

All NBU docs can be found here, or on the installation media.

https://sort.symantec.com/documents/doc_details/nbu/7.0/Windows%20and%20UNIX/ProductGuides/

AudienceofOne
Level 3

On both Windows and Unix clients, when you install the client found under pcclnts for example it installs all the agents.  Then depending on your policies, it uses the correct agent.  I.E.  If you create a SQL Server policy, and put client A in it, when the backup starts it will contact client A and tell it to do a SQL backup, using the Agent, (providing you have created the .bch script)

Here is the link for the AD backups

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO32992&actp=search&viewlocale=en_...

Altria92
Level 4

Thanks everyone for your answers!

I will review and see if I encounter any problems. Thanks again!

Altria92
Level 4

BTW, Are AD agents the same as SQL agents?

Where is setup for NFS for GRT?

Thanks?

RiaanBadenhorst
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi,

All agents components are included in the netbackup client, you dont need to install anything else.

You'll find instructions on configuring NFS in the NetBackup Administrators Guide for Windows Volume 1 (and also in the SQL and Exchange guides)