cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download!

DavidParker
Level 6
Not sure if everyone has seen this or not, but skip searching for your MP, etc downloads and get them here:

ftp://ftp.entsupport.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/

5 REPLIES 5

AHinMaine
Level 3
Can the client software also be downloaded from somewhere?  The media for our Netbackup Enterprise Server 5.0 is nowhere to be found and I need to install it on a Windows Server 2003 box...

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
If you register at vLicence, and have your keys/codes you should be able to download the base "GA" (General Availability) binaries somewhere in the vLicence site.

Symantec Licencing portal:

Message Edited by David Rawson on 07-19-200708:33 PM

AHinMaine
Level 3
The only license certificate I can find is the one we have for version 6, which isn't even installed here yet.  I basically inherited this NetBackup mess from someone who left on bad terms.  No one here has any idea where the old 5.0 license information is, nor the old media.

So while I can plug in my numbers for version 6 and I see it will indeed let me download NetBackup 6 from the site you mentioned, I need version 5.0. 

sdo
Partner    VIP    Certified
In the Admin GUI, click help, click licence keys - to see your keys.

Or from DOS;
$ bpminlicense -list_keys

This should list your v5 keys, and you may be able to plug these into vLicence, but I can't confirm whether this will work.

AHinMaine
Level 3
If only it could take license key...

It wants serial number, customer number, or order number. I notice that "bpminlicense -list_keys -verbose" shows me serial number, but if you use serial number it insists on having the customer number as well. The customer number I have appears to only be associated with our version 6 license. Ugh...