cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate images that used inine tape copy...

NBUAdmin
Level 3
    I recently had a need to duplicate some images to a new tape with a new retention and found that I was unable to duplicate the images. After troubleshooting the problem I found that the images already had 2 copies from the original backup using the inline tape copy. If I expired one of the images I was able to duplicate it again. Once I duplicated the images it seemed that I could not duplicate them again. Is it not possible to duplicate images that have more than one copy??

All this was done through the GUI so I'm not sure if it would work from the command line or not. Basically when I click the duplicate option in the catalog window the images do not show up if they already have more than one copy. I am using the Windows platform.
1 REPLY 1

Ron_Cohn
Level 6
Under the properties section of the master server is a setting on how many copies of an image is permitted.  In your case, if you want to have more than 2, then change the setting to 3 and you will be able to create a 3 copy of that image.

Beware, it you are using NetBackup Vault, this could have unintended consequences...