cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplication jobs failed with"Amount of data read (0) does not match the fragment kbytes (xxxx) for backup id (xxxx), copy 1, fragment 1".

Admin_NBU
Level 4

Hi All,

We have windows 2003 servers and netbackup 6.5.4 version

Actually i am facing a problem with Vault duplication jobs.

Daily we are running duplication jobs its getting failed with 191. After  analysed the bptm logs i found that its failing with the below errors

1) mount_open_media: error requesting media, TpErrno = Robot operation failed

2) "Amount of data read (0) does not match the fragment kbytes (xxxx) for backup id (xxxx), copy 1, fragment 1".

Please help on this to resolve the issue.
4 REPLIES 4

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

Please observe if the message show up when a particular media is mounted. If the media is damaged Netbackup can't read it and the entire duplication fails. Error could also indicate a hardware or configuration issues with the robot. Has something changed recently ?

Error 2: Please enable the bpbkar log on the master/media server and set VERBOSE = 5. Then retry the operation and attach the bpbkar to you're next comment.

Omar_Villa
Level 6
Employee

Run a bpverify to one of the tapes that is failing and see it works, that fragment issue sounds like a bad tape and if is a virtual media is a unsync pointer, in Falconstor VTL's normaly you fix this just running a rescan of devices, but not sure what are u reading from, give us more details please.

Regards.

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think Nicolai meant bptm ....

bptm will tell if problem is experienced on read or write drives.

I agree with VERBOSE logging.

Nicolai
Partner    VIP   

My brain need a RAM upgrade ..... crying