cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMM error (93) and HP Drive issues

DanTheMan_2
Level 4

Hi,

Netbackup 6.5.5 on Windows Server 2003 Standard R2 SP2.

Everything was going OK but recently when clicking on reports, etc I receive an error message about the EMM database (93) and invariably one of the drives in our HP MLS robot hasn't loaded properly and is down.

I've seen links about this being related to HDD space, I have over 50GB free on the install drive.  I am using local disk staging which has consumed 700GB so far though.

Any ideas or pointers?

Thanks
:) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
as per:

STATUS CODE 93: "Database server is down" occurs when clicking on "Storage Units" in the Veritas Net...

With you saying it's okay & then re-appears after backups run overnight would make me think space (as per the T/N's we've both been looking at) as the Image Catalog will obviously increase in size during these times.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
"Status 93: media manager found wrong tape in drive"

and

"When you load a volume for a backup or restore, the tape manager (bptm) found a volume that loaded without the expected tape header. This error may mean that volumes in a robot are not in the slots that are indicated in the Media and Device Management volume configuration."

With the recommendation of a re-inventory of the library.

Not sure how this fits with it happening when you click on reports though?

***EDIT***

That's annoying one code meaning two things. Found the T/N describing similar to what you are encountering:

STATUS CODE 93: NetBackup reports "Unable to obtain server list from the Enterprise Media Manager se...

Have you checked that nbpem is running

I'd also check the 2 TechNotes that the above references

Andy_Welburn
Level 6
as per:

STATUS CODE 93: "Database server is down" occurs when clicking on "Storage Units" in the Veritas Net...

With you saying it's okay & then re-appears after backups run overnight would make me think space (as per the T/N's we've both been looking at) as the Image Catalog will obviously increase in size during these times.

DanTheMan_2
Level 4
I don't think it's a space issue as I have 50GB free.  Have manually cleaned up all the images as well.
I noticed today that the HP Library (MLS6000) had a drive load error.  Seems I can't load a tape into one of the drives at all.  Not sure why that would cause the EMM to go down and that the backups wouldn't just be done on the 2nd drive.  So what came first really?  NB error causing the drive failure or the drive failure killing NB....

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Just one thing about your disk storage unit - is it on the same filesystem as the NBU EMM database?
DSSU is designed to consume all available disk space and will start cleaning up after successful destaging. A disk full condition will shutdown EMM.
Disk storage unit should be on its own filesystem.
You should be able to find a reason for EMM going down in Event Viewer System or Application log.

DanTheMan_2
Level 4
I have Netbackup installed on the same drive as the DSU (800GB).  I guess I could un-install and seperate....   thanks, will try.