cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 800 on Disk STU backup

drumatic87
Level 4
hi guys,

Wondering if you can tell me how to sort this one out.

Backups to the Disk STU are getting this error message: 800, EMM status: Maximum job count has been reached for the storage unit.

Where would you increase the maximum job count? On Netbackup 7.0

thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have a look at STU properties - what is Maximum concurrent jobs set to?

Extract from Admin Guide I:
The Maximum concurrent jobs setting specifies the maximum number of jobs that NetBackup can send to a disk storage unit at one time. (Default: one job. The job count can range from 0 to 256.) This setting corresponds to the Maximum concurrent write drives setting for a Media Manager storage unit.

In all honesty - I'd rather expect jobs to queue when limit has been reached - not fail with status 800.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Marianne
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Have a look at STU properties - what is Maximum concurrent jobs set to?

Extract from Admin Guide I:
The Maximum concurrent jobs setting specifies the maximum number of jobs that NetBackup can send to a disk storage unit at one time. (Default: one job. The job count can range from 0 to 256.) This setting corresponds to the Maximum concurrent write drives setting for a Media Manager storage unit.

In all honesty - I'd rather expect jobs to queue when limit has been reached - not fail with status 800.

varunprakash
Level 5

In my environment, i face some error codes like 800, 830. But those are for tape drive issue. We logged call with symantec tech support and they suggested to delete and reconfigure the drives and it works.

drumatic87
Level 4

thats the ineresting thing. Its the only job running at the moment..

Looks like a support case will need to be logged.

thanks for your help.