cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude_list statement question (solaris)

nbustarter380
Level 6

Hi,

I have a sloaris client that needs the following excluded. I took at look at some examples I just need to make sure I have is correct.

/x/sebrity1/root/opt/pubihtdp

/x/sebrity2/root/opt/pubihtdp

Which one of these is correct? or will both work for us

/x/sebrity1/root/opt/pubihtdp

/x/sebrity3/root/opt/pubihtdp

Or

/x/sebrity1/root/opt/pubihtdp/*

/x/sebrity2/root/opt/pubihtdp/*

/x/sebrity3/root/opt/pubihtdp/*

It’s a solaris 10 client using netbackup solaris client 7.0

Also is there a global list for excludes for a 7.0 (or higher) Linux master running solaris and linux clients 7.0 9 or higher

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

but the second will back up empty folders/directories as it is excluding the contents thereof.

[EDIT: a trailing slash is generally used to signify the exclusion is a directory e.g. /blah/blaha/blah2/ but not obligatory]

No global exclude list - has been "asked" a few times I believe in the Ideas section.

EDIT#2

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/global-exclude-list

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Andy_Welburn
Level 6

but the second will back up empty folders/directories as it is excluding the contents thereof.

[EDIT: a trailing slash is generally used to signify the exclusion is a directory e.g. /blah/blaha/blah2/ but not obligatory]

No global exclude list - has been "asked" a few times I believe in the Ideas section.

EDIT#2

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/global-exclude-list

nbustarter380
Level 6

Thanks Andy for your response!

J_H_Is_gone
Level 6

if you do

/x/sebrity1/root/opt/pubihtdp    - it will not backup the directory or the contents

if you do

/x/sebrity1/root/opt/pubihtdp/*  it will backup the directory but not the contents.

this becomes important when do a large restore - say you lost all of opt and want to restore it  - the pubihtdp  dir would not be restored - but you might have process or jobs looking for that would fail because the dir was not there.