cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Read 13 Error - at a roadblock

rhunterp2012
Level 2

Greetings,

I'm new to the forums and hope to find some folks that may be able to shed some light on a mystery I'm having...

I've recently updated the NetBackup Master Server to 7.0.1 - under instruction from a third party vendor - because of compatibility issues regarding their UNIX server.

The NBMS is installed on a Server 2k3 box.

When we run the backups, it fires off the job and then errors with:

Error bpbrm(pid=5804) from client rphpusvr: aCC runtime: Use of "-mt" must be consistent during both compilation and linking.

- end writing

file read failed(13)

From what I've seen around the net, I've checked for known patches causing this and ultimately was told by the vendor it was due to a version mismatch.

The NBMS being on 7.0.1 and the UNIX box on 6.0MP4.

I was also informed I would need to upgrade 6.0 to 6.5 before settling on 7.0 because you could not do a 6.0 to 7.0 straight shot.

The concern I have is we're licensed for 7.0 and I do not have the media for 6.5, nor do I have the media for UNIX 7.0.

So, as you can see, I'm at a roadblock. I would love to have some guidance as to next steps in this situation and appreciate the help in advance.

And yes, the backups work on other Windows boxes, but they are 6.5.

2 REPLIES 2

rhunterp2012
Level 2

P.S - the UNIX Box is version 11.23.

MKT
Level 5
Employee Accredited

No need to step through 6.5, you can go directly to 7.0.  Additionally, if I had the choice, I'd upgrade everything to 7.1 :)